A large Roman Green Glass Bead, ca. 1st - 2nd century CE - ex museum.
RG2001Regular price $395 USD
Of translucent green glass, the rounded form with a large central hole used for stringing.
Exhibited: Smithsonian Institution, Washington D.C., 1916 - 1921 with Smithsonian accession number 316015 applied in black pigment to one side.
Dimensions: 3/4 inch (19 mm)
Condition: With very minor surface wear and pitting, intact and in good condition overall.
Provenance: Forming part of the Lenman/Stohlman collection assembled by the Washington D.C. socialite Miss Isobel H. Lenman (1845 - 1931), in the early 1900’s. Loaned and accessioned by the Smithsonian Institution, Washington D.C., between 1916 and 1921 where it was exhibited until her death in 1931. Thereafter, the collection was returned to her heirs and sold around 1937 to Dr. Martin Stohlman, remaining with the Stohlman family until 2011.