Glazed green, with eight symmetrical points, beautiful ring and rosette decoration around the base, and a hole in the center for a rod or pole.
Dimensions: Diameter: 10 1/4 inches (26 cm)
Condition: Intact and in very good condition overall.
Provenance: The Hauge Collection of Ancient & Iranian Art, assembled between 1962 and 1966. Foreign service brothers, Victor and Osborne Hauge, together with their wives Takako and Gratia, assembled their collection of Persian, Japanese, Chinese, and Southeast Asian works of fine and folk art while stationed overseas with the US government after WWII. In consultation with academics and dealers, the Hauges assembled over two decades of what former Freer art director Harold Stern described in 1957 as "without doubt one of the finest private collections in the world". Much of their collection was donated to the Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery at the Smithsonian Institute culminating in an exhibition and published catalogue in 2000. The balance, including this object, was inherited by descent in 2016.
Save 10% on your first order, get all the latest and greatest news, sales, new additions and more.