This is a digital download of the original 28-page catalog, retained by George Washington University, Washington DC, providing a list of the Greek and Roman terracottas and vases acquired by Senator William A. Clark in 1911 and later donated to the Corcoran Gallery of Art in 1925. Many of the objects from this collection still retain the original numbers from this catalog.
The catalog was assembled by Raphael Collin, an artist of some renown in his day, who was awarded the Grand Prix at the Exposition Universelle Internationale de Paris in 1889. Collin assembled the collection between 1890 and 1910 with the assistance of experts from the Louvre, particularly Edmond Pottier, curator in the Department of Eastern Antiquities at the Musee du Louvre from 1908 to 1925. This catalog accompanied the sale of the objects to Sen. Clark in 1911. This document represents the earliest provenance for all objects within the Clark collection.